Want to help fuel the information gold rush from the comfort of your home? Here’s a perfect opportunity.
Westat, a research firm, is hiring remote telephone data collectors across the U.S. to survey people on a variety of topics. You’ll need to have a very specific technology setup and won’t get benefits — but it’s hard to beat working from home.
If this doesn’t sound like you’re kind of gig, be sure to check out The Penny Hoarder Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Telephone Data Collector at Westat
- Conducting phone interviews on a variety of topics, including transportation, the environment, health and education
Applicants for this position must have:
- A telephone landline
- A corded telephone with a hands-free headset attachment
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- A printer
- Latest version of Internet Explorer
- Adobe’s Shockwave and Acrobat Reader
- Updated anti-virus software
- High-speed internet access at 10 mpbs download speed
- Wired Internet access — no WiFi
- Quiet and secure work space
- Ability to work 15 to 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
Alex Mahadevan is a data journalist at The Penny Hoarder.
This was originally published on The Penny Hoarder, which helps millions of readers worldwide earn and save money by sharing unique job opportunities, personal stories, freebies and more. The Inc. 5000 ranked The Penny Hoarder as the fastest-growing private media company in the U.S. in 2017.
Powered by WPeMatico